Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Date with my Creator


Prompt: Date

High clouds drift across deep blue sky
Stretching the sky
A bit more
As if to catch the last of sun’s warmth
Before winter clouds
Close it up
For hibernation.
Only a short moment
Fleeting
But it seems
That time stops.
They are so high
Up in that blue calm
That they must be
Beyond the reach
Of time.
And my soul responds
With a pause
For a moment
Undisturbed
By the flurry around me.
Soak it in
This moment
This weighty calm
And enjoy.
Be.


I am continuing on with my Write 31 Days theme of "31 Days to Slowing Down and Living More Simply" with reflections based on my reading of Emily P. Freeman's book Simply Tuesday and the prompts given at the FMFW page. My "Five Minute Free Write" portion will be enclosed with // and any extra thoughts will follow.







No comments:

Post a Comment