Friday, October 14, 2016

Aware of the Art that is Now

Prompt: Aware

// I had no idea what discipline it takes to be aware. To really intentionally pay attention to the life that is NOW. It is so easy for me to always be hustling along from one duty to the next with my inward gaze always fixed on what is coming.


But life can only be lived in the NOW. 


I can’t rush and be aware of the way my son gets so intense when explaining to me the way his latest lego invention works. I can’t rush and pay attention to my daughter’s heart as it peeks out through her matter-of-fact recount of her day’s interesting moments. I can’t rush and notice the way the clouds are pouring over the mountain peaks like a giant wave coming to crash down on our valley.


I have to pause, to slow down and choose to see and receive the life that is being gifted to me. Only then am I aware of the eternal weight that gives significance to even the smallest moments. //

Because none of them are a mistakes or oversights or the running of a clock that was designed and then left to tick on it’s own. They are the handiwork of a Master Designer who infuses each detail with meaning and intentionality. 


These moments are the infinite masterpieces of which the most prestigious museums are utterly unworthy. What a loss to walk through them unaware.


I am continuing on with my Write 31 Days theme of "31 Days to Slowing Down and Living More Simply" with reflections based on my reading of Emily P. Freeman's book Simply Tuesday and the prompts given at the FMFW page. My "Five Minute Free Write" portion will be enclosed with // and any extra thoughts will follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment