Friday, October 28, 2016

A Sign for Me



Prompt: Sign

// Lots of BLAH in my day today. Several things to feel very frustrated and discouraged and fearful about. BUT I looked out the window this evening and saw a magnificent cloudscape that reminded my heart that the One who made the heavens holds all these things in His hands. He is right here with me in the midst of my blah and my heaviness and my weariness. In fact, He's carrying those burdens for me.


“And this will be a sign for you…”


These moments where eternal truths settle down deep in my heart are often heralded by a simple sign, a pointer that leads my gaze back to the only solid foundation – the work of Christ on my behalf. It may be a moment of glory in God’s creation or a simple word of encouragement and truth, a Scripture that so perfectly addresses the thoughts of my heart or a song that combines beautiful words, beautiful melody, and powerful truth. //


These are signposts that point me back, again and again, to the peace that is beyond understanding and that guards my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.


I am continuing on with my Write 31 Days theme of "31 Days to Slowing Down and Living More Simply" with reflections based on my reading of Emily P. Freeman's book Simply Tuesday and the prompts given at the FMFW page. My "Five Minute Free Write" portion will be enclosed with // and any extra thoughts will follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment